Sunday, February 26, 2012

Seagulls.

Our day started pretty early in the morning. Harry came to pick us up to grab some breakfast before heading to their place!

Cozy, warm, feels like home. (:

Amazing breakfast from a chinese bakery somewhere nearby. The place was shabby and poorly maintained. But hey, they say the best food comes from the dirtiest places right? Ha!

Awesome bo luo bun! I love them!

After breakfast it was time to hit the road!

Harry was explainingthe different parts of the much scenic drive. The history of the areas that we drove past, the type of people that live there, etc. The view was just spectacular that I myself couldn't stop looking outside at the wonders of nature that kept unfolding at every corner and bend. The lakes and even the trees were all breathtaking. A road trip here would definitely beat any drive on the expressway back home. Why am I even comparing?

Stop for morning coffee! It was good. Not to mention much more affordable here than back home.

Fun Fact : Cherry blossoms DON'T only exist in Japan. Haha! Simply beautiful!

Onward with the journey!

I've also realized the power of our eyes. The depth and detail that we can see with them is incomparable to any camera or digital recording device. The photo below only shows you this much of the landscape but what I was soaking in with my eyes at that moment is far more greater and amazing than what is captured in the camera.

Artichoke is a locally grown crop here in these parts! The area distributes majority of the artichoke to the rest of the country! I have yet to try it though.

Soon we arrived at Monterey!

Monterey used to be a cannery where fishermen would bring in their catch and send them immediately from the port into the cannery though the connector you see below where the fish would be processed, canned and distributed straight away.

This is Steinback. John, Steinback. Famous poet and writer from Monterey during the 1900's. Not too long ago eh?

The aquarium at Monterey is also famous! Too bad we didn't have enough time to spend there to enjoy it. Next time! :P

The view outside the restaurant we ate at for lunch!

Had one of the best clam chowders in my life so far. Delicious stuff!

Had some left overs so I decided to donate a french fry to the seagulls and this particular one came flying so close to me. I was pretty alarmed and afraid that it my chase me if I don't give him another one. Haha!

While walking around and soaking in the sights, Ms Li Soon then bought a caramel & almond coated green apple. It tasted so good as the different tastes blend together so well. Interesting and tastebud satisfying snack!

After that it was another scenic drive up back to Gilroy where will we be spending the rest of the afternoon shopping~ Whoohoo!

This route has eucalyptus trees on both sides. Makes it look like twilight. Haha!

Here's some of the stuff I bought!

Had burger takeaways on the drive back. Awesome burgers from In-N-Out. Freshly made right in front of your eyes. COOKED I should say. Yes. Cooked on the pan. And their french fries are MADE in front of you too! Right from the potato itself. Not frozen, not packed, not preserved. They put the potato into a cutter machine and it goes into the fryer next. You can see all of this right in front of your eyes in the comfort of your car while you drive through.

The Cheeseburger.


It was so good. Would love to go back again knowing my food is freshly made and not coming from some assembly line.

It was tiring but a rewarding experience. Thanks again to Harry and Li Soon for bringing us out with them and for the lunch and also Ms Joanne who kindly paid for dinner. (:

Spencer.


No comments:

Post a Comment