Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pingpong

So we headed straight to the work shop after a quick game of table tennis!

Had to cut the arms of the cross, 2 feet wide and 4 feet in length. Also had to glue the 3 layers of styrofoam together for the body of the cross. It was a fun morning! I really like doing these hands-on stuff.

Lionel focusing on cutting styrofoam with the homemade cutter. Its not easy!

The final (but not yet finished) cross.

Left painting and sticking the arms together! Which will be done tomorrow.

So after lunch (I made it (: ), Phil took us out to get our Table Tennis bats! Whoohoo!

On the way there we stopped by Treasure Island!

You must think that its some giant pirate theme park with a 360 degree Pirate (viking) ship and treasure hunts and the like.

But actually no. Its Just a naval base and some people hold events here.

BUT. The view of the bay area is fantastic!

And no its not a green screen behind Lionel. I know it looks fake but its real.

But the view is really good. Skies were happy too!

Thats the bay bridge that connects San Francisco and Oakland.

A closer view of the bay bridge on the way to china town.

And this is pier #1! This photo looks great. In my opinion. Haha!

And this is the famous crooked street! Its pretty amazing! It would be a real good drift track to test the worlds best drifter. Maybe Ken Block should try this.

So after the mini tour by Phil, we reached the ping pong shop and I was greeted by these 2 adorable fellas. He said they bark but as soon as I patted them they were so loving!


They were so cute that I got quite distracted. Haha. I also notice all the dogs wear harness's here. I'm sure their more comfortable than collars. Shall get mocha one!

After we got them bats, we HAD to test them out! Had a good game with Lionel and Phil. We practiced even after dinner! Haha! Singapore's home grown table tennis players. *ahem ahem*

Thanks again to Phil who brought us out to buy our bats and to give us a mini tour even though it wasn't convenient in the end. (:


Spencer.




No comments:

Post a Comment