Sunday, March 11, 2012

Rewarding!

The day started pretty early for us today! It was really nice of Phil to drop us off at Japan Town today so that we can attend the...

2012 Asian American Film Festival! Yay!

Although personally for me, I've never attended one nor have I had any interest in such things back at home, but I was really excited about this one!

So when we arrived at FILMORE first, just opposite Japan Town, we had starbucks!! I didn't know their butter croissant was THAT good. So we chilled there and played draw something until 10.30 then we started exploring the place. We walked around the vicinity of Japan Town and Filmore.

Haiyya~

Until it was time to go collect our tickets when the box office opens!!!

We're gonna catch the film

Lionel chose it last night and I didn't even want to watch the trailer. I told him to "surprise me".

Low and behold it was a good film! Sweet, romantic, funny and real. I guess a lot of people in society can relate to the issue being addressed in this film. One way or another.

Personally I liked how the lead character took charge of her life and she knew what she wanted. The risks she took for the love she treasured. The amazing thing is that its a true story. I would like to watch the actual documentary of "Banana In A Nutshell" which was what this movie is based upon. This issue really penetrates the core of the society at large where modern culture is challenged against traditional thinking.

You have to go catch the movie yourself. Its really heart touching and inspiring, yet entertaining all together. Thanks Lionel for choosing the film and Kevin for kindly giving us the opportunity (tickets) to go catch it and assuring us that it was a good film just before watching. (:

Oh and guess who we saw today!

YES! Its Phil from the famous Wong Fu Productions! We saw them at a dialogue session where film makers came together to discuss issues regarding the film industry, both independent and mainstream. Too bad we had to catch My Wedding And Other Secrets shortly after it began so we only stayed for a tiny bit. Would have loved to hear what people had to say though, even if we weren't at all related in any way to the asian american film community.

Here's a sneaky picture of the 3 of them!

After the film, we realized that didn't have a proper meal the entire day! So we decided to have some japanese food!

Lionel all ready to eat!


I had Tenzaru Soba. Sounds like a really cool name for a meal! Haha! It was awesome! It was cold soba with tempura assortments! Yum yum!


After the scrumptious meal, we headed downtown to walk for a little while!

We're gonna take the cable car tomorrow! Whoohooo!! Can't wait!!


Spencer.

No comments:

Post a Comment